Person Centred Care
Person Centred Care is about focusing on the needs of the person rather than the needs of the service.
We follow the Picker Institute “Eight Principles of Patient Centred Care” –
- Respect for a patients’ preferences
- Coordination and integration of care
- Information and education
- Physical comfort
- Emotional support
- Involvement of family and friends
- Continuity and transition
- Access to care
Having a person’s wellbeing uppermost means that we do, or don’t do anything that may cause the person physical, emotional or social harm.