Our Managed Healthcare services are designed to both augment an organisation’s existing healthcare provision and to offer cost-effective solutions for uninsured individuals. Care is a new way of delivering early intervention healthcare services.
We facilitate healthcare treatment choices using the NHS and its e-Referral System (e-RS) that allows patients to receive care Nationwide in either the NHS or private hospitals. Our Managed Healthcare teams include Nurse Case Managers (NCMs) and Case Management Assistants (CMAs) who provide case management and guidance to people who require assistance for referral following receiving a diagnosis for management and treatment options from their GP and/or Consultant.
Care is our core Nurse-led Case Management service for uninsured employees and for eligible insured employees who have employer-sponsored private medical insurance; and for self-pay individuals in need of assistance to facilitate access to healthcare and rehabilitation services using both NHS and Private Sector providers. We support individuals who are seeking education, advice and direction relating to a condition to assure that no time is wasted in identifying a new or existing health concern that requires a prompt response.
The Managed Healthcare team also provides:
- An understanding about a condition and how it might impact lifestyle and wellbeing.
- An understanding to alternative assessment and treatment options.
- Explanation of medical terms in simple everyday language.
- Emotional support and suggestions for coping strategies for the individual, family and carers.
- Help in making preparations for Specialist and Consultant appointments.
- Ensuring best use is made of mainstream services, such as the NHS, Specialist Charities and Social Services.
- Sign-posting to national condition-specific self-help groups.